8/4/11

You are Beautiful, just the way you are.

Beauty is about perception, not about make-up. I think the beginning of all beauty is knowing and liking oneself. You can't put on make-up, or dress yourself, or do you hair with any sort of fun or joy if you're doing it from a position of correction. -Kevyn Aucoin

This quote has been an inspiration to me, i hope everyone else can learn from it as well.

For the next few days I'll be wandering around without any makeup on. (Gasp)
I know some people are probably saying "So what?, I never wear makeup." Well, ever since 7th grade when makeup was introduced to my class it's been something i could wear and instantly feel as if it had covered up all the negative parts of my image (I.E Zits, freckles, the fact that I'm not the tannest girl in the world) and those are what I've struggled with in my image. The other day i was watching TV and a special on  Madonna came on, I'm not usually intrigued by her, but when i was looking at her..She was white! I mean pale, and she embraced it! She also has this freckle right under her nose, as do i!
Marilyn Monroe also has this cute little freckle that as a child i was picked at because of , i actually had a kid who would put a penny under his nose and tape it there to try and show me how gross it looked,and everyday I'd go home and look in the mirror and see what i could do to cover it up.
I never realized how unique my face actually is, why would i wanna cover it up to look like somebody else?Would you guys take this challenge with me? Don't wear makeup, try to be yourself..the person God has created you to be.
Did i mention i has ladies stopping me to tell me
how pretty my eyes were yesterday? 
Numerous times did that happen.
Maybe it will help you guys with your self confidence too!

-TaylorMarie<3

2 comments:

  1. yay I love this taylormarie! :) I am not a huge fan of makeup- i think that it can be fun. however, i don't like the idea that being made-up is kindof a different person and you have to embrace yourself! 100% agree girly :) i only wear mascara and blush 99% of the time when i actually DO wear makeup! now I have to wear it for work, but I'm still just sticking with some mascara and blush just so I look like "me" and not the facade of "me"... make sense? i hope so. :)

    happy friday!


    the style projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love what your doing! i believe in natural beauty 100% and you should totally embrace your natural features! you absolutely do not have to have makeup on to be beautiful because if your beautiful on the inside, it shines from the outside, makeup is just for fun. god's creations are beautiful just the way they are, and so are you :)

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete